GS stands for "Geprufte Sicherheit" in German. It also means "Germany Safety". GS certification in accordance with the German product safety law (GPGS), according to the European Union standard EN or German industrial standard DIN testing is a voluntary certification, is recognized in the European market German safety certification mark.
1.GS mark is a safety certification mark issued by TUV,VDE and other institutions authorized by the Ministry of Labor of Germany.
GS logo is a safety symbol accepted by the majority of customers in Europe. GS certified products are usually sold at a higher price and are more popular.
2. EC CE Regulation,1997.1.1. Regulation of "Low Voltage Directive (LVD)". The GS already contains all the requirements for a "low voltage instruction (LVD)". Therefore, after obtaining the GS mark, TUV will issue a CE Certificate (COC) of LVD for the product free of charge. The certificates of TUV SUD Group and TUV Rheinland after 1997 include LVD certificate in the GS certificate. The manufacturer obtained LVD certificate when applying for GS.
3, GS certification requirements for products and documents: - Products should pass the type test of European safety standards. - Product structure should meet the standard requirements. - Instructions (German, English) should meet the standard. - Structural Drawing, Circuit Diagram, List of Parts and other English documents prepared as required by TUV. Product testing will be carried out according to the parameters provided in these documents.
4, GS certification has strict requirements on the quality assurance system of the factory, the factory should be reviewed and annual inspection: - The factory is required to set up its own quality assurance system according to the ISO9000 system standard when the batch shipment is made. Factory should at least have its own quality control system, quality records and other documents and adequate production and inspection capabilities. - A GS certificate is issued only after the new plant has been inspected and qualified. - Inspection of the factory shall be carried out at least once a year after issuance of the certificate. No matter how many products the factory applies for the GS mark, the factory audit only needs one time.
(1) German certification agencies: usually well-known GS certification agencies in Germany include TUV Rheinland, TUV SUD(known as TUV SUD in China, also known as TUV PS), VDE, etc., which are directly recognized GS certification agencies in Germany.
(2) Other certification agencies: Usually, other GS issuing agencies in Europe that cooperate with Germany include Italy Eurofins, IMQ, SGS, ITS, etc.
The agency that can issue the license directly is Eurofins
Eurofins(2) Directly Issuing Agencies
Organization that can issue GS certificate: Italian IMQ
Organization that can issue GS certificate: Italian IMQ
The scope of
1. Household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, kitchen utensils, etc.
2. Household machinery.
3. Sports supplies.
4. Household electronic equipment, such as audio-visual equipment.
5, Electrical and electronic office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, paper shredders, computers, printers, etc.
6, industrial machinery, experimental measuring equipment.
7. Other safety-related products such as bicycles, helmets, ladders, furniture, etc.
German GS certification introduction
GS stands for "Geprufte Sicherheit" in German. It also means "Germany Safety". GS certification in accordance with the German product safety law (SGS), according to the European Union standard EN or German industrial standard DIN testing is a voluntary certification, is the recognized German safety certification mark in the European market.
The GS certification mark indicates that the product has been tested by a credible independent body for the safety of use. The GS certification mark, while not legally mandatory, does enable manufacturers to be subject to strict German (European) product safety laws in the event of an accident due to a malfunction of the product. So the GS certification mark is a powerful marketing tool, can enhance customer confidence and purchase desire. Although GS is the German standard, it is accepted by most countries in Europe. In addition, when the product meets the GS certification, it will also meet the requirements of the CE mark of the European Community. Unlike CE, the GS certification mark is not legally mandatory, but because of the safety awareness of ordinary consumers, an appliance with the GS certification mark may be more competitive in the market than ordinary products.
Products that can apply for GS certification:
Household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, kitchen utensils and so on.
Household electronic equipment, such as audio-visual equipment.
Electrical and electronic office equipment, such as photocopiers, fax machines, paper shredders, computers, printers, etc.
Industrial machinery, experimental measuring equipment.
Other safety-related products such as bicycles, helmets, ladders, furniture, etc.
The standard used for GS certification is the corresponding European Union EN safety standard.
GS certification is more stringent than CE low voltage safety (LVD) certification, with factory inspection and annual inspection, while CE-LVD does not require factory inspection and annual inspection.
Who can issue GS certificate?
(1) German certification agencies: The well-known local GS certification agencies in Germany include TUV Rheinland, TUV Product Services, VDE, etc., which are directly recognized as GS certification agencies in Germany.
(2) Other certification agencies: Generally, other GS issuing agencies in Europe that cooperate with Germany include KEMA, ITS, NEMKO, DEMKO, etc.
1) First meeting: through the first meeting, the testing agency or agency will explain the specific certification procedures and relevant standards to the product engineer of the applicant, and provide the documents and forms to submit the requirements.
2) Application: the applicant shall submit the documents that meet the requirements. For electrical products, the applicant shall submit the final assembly drawing, electrical schematic diagram, list of materials, product use or use and installation instructions, and description of the differences between series models, etc.
3) Technical meeting: After the testing institution has checked the documents of the applicant, it will arrange a technical meeting with the applicant's technical personnel.
4) Sample test: the test will be carried out in accordance with the applicable standards and may be carried out at the manufacturer's laboratory or at any of the testing institutions' laboratories located in each country.
5) Factory Inspection: GS certification requires that the production site be inspected for safety-related procedures.
6) Issue GS Certificate.
1. Quality management
1.1 Is there an independent management organization responsible for product quality? Name of the person in charge?
1.2 Has a training plan been developed and implemented for all types of personnel, especially for key process personnel? How about the personnel appraisal system?
1.3 Ratio of quality management personnel to production personnel.
1.4 Is there any production record for the key process of the product, and is there any serial number for the package of the product? If not, how to find out the defective product if there is any quality problem?
1.5 Whether the warehouse management and production and operation personnel have carried out relevant inspection:
1.5.1 Raw materials 1.5.2 Production process 1.5.3 Finished products
1.6 Is there any quality check? Who is responsible for it?
1.7 Whether to hold regular quality analysis meetings, deal with quality problems in time and do a good job of feedback.
2. Production line of certified products
2.1 Production flow chart and quality control point chart of certified products and production system are available.
2.2 Whether there is a maintenance system, regular inspection system and records for equipment, instruments and measuring tools on the production line.
2.3 Whether there is any key production equipment, process equipment and test equipment, and how accurate is it? Provide relevant lists.
3. Raw materials, purchased parts and spare parts
3.1 Catalogue of key parts and materials shall be provided.
3.2 Explain how to guarantee the quality of raw materials, purchased parts and spare parts (whether the inspection specification of spare parts and raw materials has been prepared). Whether there is a system of taking and keeping.
4.1 Is there a measuring institution?
4.2 Scope of work and staff profile of the metrological institution (has it passed the assessment of the metrological department?)
4.3 If there is no measuring institution, please indicate which unit is used for measuring.
5. Factory test institution
5.1 List the name of the main test equipment and the manufacturer, and what tests can be carried out if there is no qualification certificate and valid identification certificate (precision and grade).
5.2 Test environment
6. Technical documents and data
6.1 Product drawings, product technical conditions and process documents.
6.2 Test report of products applied for certification within half a year.
6.3 Percentage of waste and defective products detected in half a year to the total production.
7. Technical services
7.1 How about the records and user reviews?
1. Fill in the application form
2. Signing of the General Agreement
3. Information needed for safety regulation assessment
CB certificate and report of this product can be provided, which must include Group Difference in Europe. Or provide information necessary for safety assessment
- Product instruction manual (including safety warning, maintenance instructions, accessories installation instructions, etc.)
- List of parts (provide the information of the key safety parts used in the product according to the relevant standard requirements. The parts information may include the manufacturer, model number, parameters and certification information. The requirements of parts should take into account the requirements of parts standard and final finished product standard.)
- Circuit diagram and layout
- Product structure drawing
- Specifications for transformers and other parts
4. Parts in contact with food (if any)
Please provide food hygiene approval documents issued by authority for accessible black materials (plastics, coatings, etc.) or require relevant test evaluation (PAH).
5. Name plate (German, GS logo of correct size is required.)
Electromagnetic Compatibility Assessment Report (EMC) and Factory Conformity Statement (DOC)
7. German instruction
8, the delivery of the sample, to complete the structure review, type test or ergonomic test evaluation
9. Evaluation reports of Noise and EN50332 for applicable product categories are required
10. If applicable to the product category, DMF and EMF evaluation report shall be provided.
Generally, the length of time depends on whether the product needs to be modified or how quickly the manufacturer can submit the required product documentation. In general, the time required is usually about 6 to 8 weeks.
The GS mark indicates that the safety of the product has been tested by a credible independent body. The GS mark, while not legally mandatory, does allow manufacturers to be subject to strict German (European) product safety laws in the event of an accident due to a product failure. Therefore, the GS logo is a powerful marketing tool, which can enhance customers' confidence and purchase desire. Although GS is the German standard, it is accepted by most countries in Europe. In addition, when the product meets the GS certification, it will also meet the requirements of the CE mark of the European Community. Unlike CE, the GS mark is not legally mandatory, but because of the safety awareness of ordinary consumers, an electrical appliance with the GS mark may be more competitive in the market than ordinary products.
1. GS, as a symbol of product safety and quality reliability, has been more widely recognized by German and EU consumers;
2. Maximize the reduction of the manufacturer's liability risk in product quality;
3. Enhance manufacturers' confidence in product quality, safety and compliance with legal requirements;
4. Emphasize to consumers the manufacturer's commitment to product quality and safety;
5. The manufacturer can ensure to the end user that the product with GS mark has passed the test of the third party testing organization;
6. In many cases, the quality and safety of products with the GS logo exceed the legal requirements;
7. The GS mark is more recognized than the CE mark, because the GS certificate is issued by a third-party testing institution with certain qualifications.
EC CE regulation, 1997.1.1. Regulation of the "low voltage directive (LVD)". The GS already contains all the requirements for a "low voltage instruction (LVD)". Therefore, after obtaining the GS mark, TUV will issue a CE Certificate (COC) of LVD for the product free of charge. The certificates of TUV SUD Group and TUV Rheinland after 1997 include LVD certificate in the GS certificate. The manufacturer obtained LVD certificate when applying for GS.